These ham & cheese sandwiches have been a staple at our family gatherings for close to 30 years. We make them for every baby shower, holiday and get together. Anyone that has ever tasted them asks for the recipe, they’re really that good. They’re fairly simple to make and a crowd pleaser. Add them to your next holiday party menu and you will not be disappointed.
- 2 packages of dinner rolls (I use Hawaiian)
- 24 slices of deli ham
- 12 slices of swiss cheese and cut in half
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- Poppy Seeds
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp mustard
1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
2. Coat a sheet pan with cooking spray
3. Cut the dinner rolls in half and put the bottom into the pan.
4. Add the ham and cheese to each roll. Replace the top to the roll.
5. In a small pot, melt the butter.
6. Whisk in the brown sugar, mustard, garlic, onion, Worcestershire sauce.
7. Pour/brush mixture over the rolls. Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
8. Let the sauce soak in for at least 15 minutes.
9. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake 5 more minutes or until the tops start to brown and cheese is melted.
10. Serve warm.