I cannot tell you how many hotels that I looked at in London in the months leading up to our recent trip. The most difficult part of finding a hotel, was that we have two kids and we did not want to book two rooms. A lot of the hotels that I looked at in both London and Paris would only accommodate three people or less.
We also wanted to stay in a fairly nice hotel, close to a lot of sites and was somewhat of a reasonable price. This was not an easy task, because like NYC and Paris, London is EXPENSIVE. However, I’m not one to back down from a challenge. After a ton of my own research, my advice to you would be – BOOK EARLY. The hotel we ended up choosing had MUCH lower prices 6 months in advance than it did a couple of weeks prior – like close to half price. It really does pay to be organized and a little neurotic.
Full disclosure – I’m not an affiliate for any of these hotels, but I did want to share a few hotels in London to provide some options at a variety of price points.
Here are some top hotels in London that are great for families with kids:
- Novotel London City South – this hotel offers spacious rooms, a kids’ play area, and an indoor swimming pool.
- Premier Inn London City (Aldgate) – this hotel is located in the heart of the city, with family-friendly rooms and a 24-hour snack bar.
- Hilton London Bankside – this hotel is located near many popular attractions, and offers spacious rooms, a kids’ menu, and a pool.
- The Ritz London – this luxurious hotel offers spacious family rooms, a kids’ menu, and a variety of family-friendly activities and entertainment.
- The Milestone Hotel – this hotel offers spacious family rooms, a kids’ menu, and a variety of family-friendly activities and entertainment.
- The InterContinental London Park Lane – this hotel offers spacious family rooms, a kids’ menu, and a variety of family-friendly activities and entertainment.
- Crowne Plaza London – The City – this hotel offers family-friendly rooms, a kids’ menu, and a pool.
- The London EDITION – this hotel offers spacious family rooms, a kids’ menu, and a variety of family-friendly activities and entertainment.
- St Ermin’s Hotel – Offers family rooms, kids activities and happy hour for parents.
These hotels offer a range of amenities, services, and activities that are perfect for families with kids, and are all located near many of London’s top attractions. Whether you’re looking for luxury or affordability, there’s something for everyone on this list.
We ended up staying at St. Ermin’s Hotel in London and I’m so glad that we did. St. Ermin’s is surrounded by landmarks that are within walking distance. There’s also a tube stop within about a block, so you can get anywhere in the city fairly quick. Pro tip: You don’t need to buy any tube passes, just use your credit card to access the tube. Kids are free with an adult (you just need to enter through a handicapped entrance).
St. Ermin’s also had some amazing history that we all loved – it was used by spies during WWII. When you check in, your kids can go on a spy mission around the hotel looking for clues. They also have a Bee Terrace on the third floor where you can see their 350,000 bees and they offer a children’s tea. Warning: our kids basically never wanted to leave St Ermin’s and will forever expect all hotels to have similar accommodations.
Let’s get down to the good stuff. The hotel was lovely and beyond accommodating. We worked with the concierge when we booked to have a car pick us up at the airport. The kids were thrilled that someone with a sign with our name on it was waiting for us. Our flight ended up being delayed by an hour and the man waited for us to arrive. AMAZING! Once we got to St Ermin’s we were completely exhausted after a red eye with two kids and an hour drive from the airport- we’d basically been going for 24 hours straight. Our check in time was scheduled for 3pm. The truly incredible front desk clerk was able to get us into our room within a few minutes of arriving at just 10am. Once we arrived in the room we were pleasantly surprised. The beds were amazingly comfortable, so much so that I sent a request to the hotel to find out the type of sheets. (They were that good.) I also loved that the family room we booked had bath rooms and two closet areas. That way, the kids could get ready in a separate area and saved from the chaos of four people doing all things in one small space.
We absolutely loved our stay at St Ermin’s, our only regret is that we didn’t stay a few more nights.